Site engineer – Civil works as part of the site management team liaising with and working alongside architects, engineers, construction managers, supervisors, planners, surveyors, contractors and subcontractors.
Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for contractors and subcontractors, crafts people and operatives, the contractor shares responsibility for day to day site work, site security, health and safety, and the organization and supervision of material and human resources to ensure effective PROJECT CONTROL & EXECUTION by :
Special Skills & Knowledge
• Following up with site engineers of Contractor and/or subcontractor to ensure that work is being carried out as per the scope, design drawings, specifications & meeting planned dates as per schedules
• Interact with Project Managers / Project Consultants for clarification in design etc.
• Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the Project Consultants / Architect.
• Setting out, leveling and surveying the site.
• Daily reporting about progress, non compliance, delay in work to the Project Manager.
• Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines; & Scope, Change Management.
• Review and Advise on Engineering requirements and drawings for site work; Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
• Attend and Review all Benchmarking meetings.
• Ensuring construction Quality Assurance /Quality Control processes are being implemented by the contractor / Sub-Contractor as per approved QAPs.
• Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
• Report any non-conforming work.
• Ensure periodic testing of Raw materials & completed works as per specifications, standards & codes.
• Co-ordination with other disciplines for space planning & interfacing; Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
• Ensure that Communication regarding any changes in plan have reached the engineers/Contractors and/or Sub-Contractor’s Representatives.
• Actively monitor the work environment for hazards.
• Assist in the quality and safety audit.
• Review of Material Checking & Submittals, site construction drawings, site coordination etc.
• Identify and highlight possible risk on project.
• Assist in necessary project documentation & reporting.
• Accurately inventorying the jobsite and ensuring that the supplies are properly maintained.
• Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
• Support in finalization of Billing Break ups, Bill Certification etc.
• Coordination for verification of extra claims raised by the contractor
• Monitor evaluate and ensure that all work is being carried out safely.
• Implement technical and safety requirements for the project.
• Review and comment on project contractor’s method statement and risk assessment.
• Ensure that the main contractor’s HSE plan is being implemented and report all non-conformance to the HSE manager.