Bachelor Degree-Engineering (B.E.)
10-11 years years
English Language Level
Computer Skills Level
- Site engineer – Mechanical & Piping works as part of the Project management team liaising with and working alongside Project Manager and other Project engineers, construction manager, supervisors, planners and subcontractors.
- The site Mechanical Engineer shall ensure day-to-day activities on site, making sure the progress is being completed according to the approved drawings and approved material submittals. This is to be done in co-ordination with Contractor site supervisors while ensuring site security, health and safety and the organization & supervision of material and human resources to ensure effective PROJECT CONTROL & EXECUTION.
- Planning & Supervising the receipt, safe unloading & storage – including checking & approval of documentation - of all package items & free issue materials for the project - for subsequent installation; Inspect /verify material receipt as per Delivery note / Packing list, in good condition for further processing; In the event of any discrepancies /visible damage to the shipment, to take up with Project Manager and concerned commercial department for raising insurance claims.
- Planning, supervising & monitoring the site Fabrication & mechanical equipment installation works as per approved Quality Assurance Plans and as per AFC drawings - including witnessing ND testing, mechanical pre-commissioning trials, calibration (wherever required) of all equipments (e.g. Process Equipments, Tankage & associated equipments, Filling & Packaging equipments, Utility equipments, Material handling & other infrastructure facilities, Safety & fire fighting equipments, Pollution / Effluent treatment equipments /facilities etc)
- Planning, supervision and monitoring of Mechanical & Piping works for process & utilities, as per approved Quality Assurance plans and ‘AFC; drawings including testing etc. in accordance with project requirements.
- Planning & supervising the Insulation and Painting works as per the approved specifications, approved quality standards.
- Planning & supervising the respective specialist vendor equipment installation, testing & commissioning works.
- Supervise the piping and control valve installation and subsequent testing work.
- Trouble shooting of Mechanical system.
- Ensure project document compilation.
- Perform system line check, field check and verification.
- Perform respective mechanical functional testing.
Special Skills & Knowledge
This position will use planning, monitoring and controlling processes to ensure completion of Mechanical works on time within budget by setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and communicating project progress.
Job responsibilities are as under :
Ensure Proper execution of works as per Approved for construction’ drawings, specifications & monitor progress against schedule.
Ensuring construction Quality Assurance /Quality Control processes are being implemented by the contractor / Sub-Contractor as per approved QAPs;
Review and interpret construction drawings.
Ensure materials and installation compliance to Specifications, approved work practices, BOQ and in accordance with Project plan
Manage sub-contractors and monitor progress and reporting.
Explain work methodologies to the work and supervising force to ensure that work is done as per the requirements; Interact with Project Manager / Project Consultants for clarification in design etc.
Reporting to Project Manager regarding daily progress of work, non-compliance, delays in work and plan for the next working days;
Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities & resources change management, in order to meet Scope & deadlines.
Review and Advise on Engineering requirements and drawings for site work; Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
Informing the Project Manager / Contractor regarding the material status on the site and preparing the requirement for the upcoming period.
Managing and coordinating with other departments to meet project objectives & deadline (e.g. Electrical, Instrumentation, and Civil & Structural etc.).
Constant on-site field inspection to ensure quality of works delivered.
Review Method Statement for Mechanical Works from the point of view of safety.
Carry out/Supervise all relevant testing before commissioning and handing over.
Developing inspection requests and following up the same with Project Consultants / Contractors.
Co-ordination with other disciplines for space planning & interfacing; Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners and the general workforce involved in the project.
Managing the workforce through Contractor supervisors.
Analyze work non-conformities and provide recommendations and guidance for resolution.
Ensure that Communication regarding any changes in plan have reached the engineers/Contractors and/or Sub-Contractor’s Representatives.
Ensure that all equipments/tools/tackles used on the site are properly maintained and calibrated if required with valid calibration certificate.
Ensure that all reporting personnel follow company policies and procedures.
Provide support during the development of operations and maintenance manuals.
Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
Assist in necessary project documentation & reporting.
Assist in the As-built drawings in co-ordination with draftsmen and engineering departments.
Ensure implementation of the technical and safety requirements for the project; Ensure company’s Safety rules, Awareness are observed & obeyed.
Review and comment on project contractor’s method statement and risk assessment.
Ensure safe work procedures and environmental control measures are implemented at the work site.
Actively monitor the work environment for hazards; Identify and highlight possible risk on project.
Monitor, evaluate and ensure that all work is being carried out safely.
Ensure that the contractor’s HSE plan is being implemented and report all non-conformance to the HSE manager.
Minimum 3 to 5 years in execution of ‘Greenfield’ projects for Oil & Gas or Chemical Process Industry – in case of Post Graduate holders.
Minimum 6 to 8 years experience – in case of BE / B.Tech Degree holders
Preferred :- Familiarity with special requirements of Statutory authorities / RC requirements /ASME requirements.
Familiarity with applicable Codes (ASME, ANSI), Standards (API etc.) is important.
Experience in CAD software essential.
Experience in Project Planning software viz. MS PROJECTS.
Good communication skills and should be capable of working alone and as part of a team.
02 Years Contract