APPLY NOW Cancel
Number Of Positions
Bachelor degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering and/or relevant educational qualification; Master Mariner certificate holder will be preferred;
05+ years experience in Petroleum and Petroleum Product inspection with two years Supervisory/Dispatch experience in the Inspection/Marine Industry; years
English Language Level
Excellent communication in English, both written & spoken (Arabic is an advantage);
Computer Skills Level
Computer skills and experience with MS Office software such as Word, Excel, Power Point.
Job Opening Id
- Responsible for overall coordination & management of of field operations, supervision of field personnel of "Oil Gas & Chemicals Division - SGS Oman"
- Receive Client work orders, dispatch work to field staff, follow up on job progress and report to Clients on time.
- Manage load/discharge supervision of Crude / Refined Petroleum Products/ Chemicals/Gases in bulk.
- Manage blending / sampling / analysis / ship to ship transfers etc of refined petroleum products.
- Must have thorough knowledge in latest API/ ASTM/ HM inspection guidelines
- Should be well versed in client specific reporting procedures such as Navarik, XOM, SIRAS, RIICS etc
- A good awareness of all product quality related matters including laboratory testing methods/ standards is a must.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with customers.
- Identify potential clients/business, and meet the decision makers within the client organization.
- Understand and comply with procedures for Safety, Field Operations, Quality, Human Resources and reporting
- Understand and comply with individual client instructions and requirements
- Work with Oman Country Manager to develop financial plans for the division.
- Increase staff productivity by training and coaching.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering and/or relevant educational qualification; Master Mariner certificate holder will be preferred;
- 5+ years experience in Petroleum and Petroleum Product inspection with two years Supervisory/Dispatch experience in the Inspection/Marine Industry;
- Knowledge of Crude Oil, Petroleum, Chemicals, LNG & LPG handling;
- Experience in oil movement operation, quantification, quality assurance and familiarity with cargo documentation;
- Experience in performance of general survey and discharge / loading attendance of LPG, Ethylene & Propylene gas etc.
- Ship / shore safety and operational awareness;
- Must be able to handle numerous activities simultaneously under pressure.
- Must be able to manage/lead people effectively and flexible to to attend work regularly even during unsocial hours;
- Excellent planning, coordination, reporting and organization skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Highly motivated who believe in delivering results;
- Excellent communication in English, both written & spoken (Arabic is an advantage);
- Computer skills and experience with MS Office software such as Word, Excel, Power Point.
02 Years Contract