Number Of Positions
Diploma Technical (D.T.)
English Language Level
Computer Skills Level
Job Opening Id
- Carries out skilled machining using heavy duty workshop machine tools, to make precision parts and components for rotating mechanical and related equipment. Cleans and maintains equipment delivered to the workshop, and uses sophisticated testing equipment to check manufactured parts and components.
- Participates in disassembling and stripping mechanical equipment. Uses solvents to clean parts. Uses standard hand and power tools to test conditions of components, and reports findings to the Supervisor.
- Carries out skilled mechanical work assignments. Reads and understands drawings, dimensions, and technical references. Determines the appropriate tools needed to fabricate or recondition parts and properly use of all measuring tools.
- Sets up and operates heavy duty specialized central workshop machine tools to fabricate precision components.
- Checks and tests manufactured parts to ensure conformity to specifications. Participates in the reassembly of equipment with manufactured parts, and performs hydro static testing as required.
- Implements preventive maintenance programs for machines and reconditions machine tool tips. Notes and reports any problems requiring repair work to the supervisor.
- Performs other duties such as reporting job completion and any problems to the supervisor, cooperating with Inspection and Engineering personnel to discuss findings on equipment conditions, and operating the gantry crane to move equipment and materials in the workshop.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Takes immediate corrective action to resolve major equipment failures or breakdowns or urgent, short-notice machining requests, choosing the optimum manufacturing methods with minimal Operations interruption considering occupational safety procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and reports any problems directly to supervisor. Work progress is generally monitored by the Superintendent.