Number Of Positions
Technical Diploma or experience equivalent
English Language Level
Computer Skills Level
Job Opening Id
Yanbu - KSA
a) Receives work, including job instructions, loop diagrams: and calibration sheets: from Instrument Foreman/Supervisor_ Assembles appropriate tools: equipment, materials an safety gear: visits site to assess major jobs and contacts Operations technicians to establish circumstances or breakdown or clarify fault details.
b) Troubleshoots faults on electronic: pneumatic, and hydraulic instruments and systems. Checks individual Instruments, tests loops: inspects interfaces between pneumatic and electronic data transmission and measuring devices: and determines best method of repair. Refers to loop sheet: manufacturers' manuals and other technical documentation as necessary, and reports action taken or required to Instrument Foreman/Supervisor.
c) Carries out skilled repair work on instrumentation and systems. Removes faulty instruments and Installs replacements; checks loop circuits by simulated signals; replaces defective elements such as connections: transmitters: thermocouples and Printed Circuit Boards PCBs); sets safety mechanisms; and observes function of repaired or replaced instruments and loops. Notes details of repair on work order and/or in log book kept at field site as applicable.
d) Undertakes workshop testing, repair and reconditioning of instruments: including control valves: using tools and testing equipment such as temperature bath: soldering iron: oscilloscope and digital test meter: and Installs new: repaired or modified instruments and loops. Disassembles component parts: replaces worn
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Observes all safety and loss prevention procedures,
- Writes PCARs carries out JSAs, and exercise good housekeeping practices
- Keeping workshop and job sites clean and tidy.
- Obtains required work permits and exercises particular care and attention in ensuring that instruments and loops are disconnected prior to repair.
- Performs other similar or related duties such as reporting job completion and any problems encountered to supervisor
- Obtaining materials: special tools and spare parts from warehouse, suggesting possible minor design changes to eliminate repetitive faults
- Cooperating with contracted technicians during shutdowns, assisting other technician m multi-craft work: and working on after or night shifts as assigned Participate in preparing function test procedures as required.
- Defective parts and circuitry, checks and adjusts calibrations
- Installs or modifies loops and impulse lines
- Connects and fixes Indicators, controllers and carries out calibration and function tests on instruments and associated recorders and indicators
- Basir Salary : SR 5500/-